Cross stitch kit Marie-Antoinette
Référence: KIT_PDC_MUP_VERS_02 Ean: 3665546111046 Brand: Maison Sajou
Cross stitch kit the world of Marie Antoinette
Refunds & Replacement
Embroidery kit in cross stitch - The world of Marie Antoinette - Museum and Heritage Collection
She had disappeared into widespread indifference and it would take years before she was recognised to her former glory. It started with Louis XVIII who gave her the funeral she never had in 1816. Little by little, her ordeal was recognised and she became an expiatory symbol of the Revolution. Later, the Empress Eugénie (1790-1864), devoted a large part of her time collecting objects belonging to the former queen. This role was taken over by the 19th century writers, Dumas and the Goncourt brothers. Finally, Pierre de Nolhac (1859-1936), the first curator of the Versailles Palace, as well as a great writer and historian, completely rehabilitated the image of Marie-Antoinette by restoring the Petit Trianon with her original good taste and exhuming her portraits. Today, Marie-Antoinette is a world-renowned myth.
This embroidery represents around 310 hours of work.
- the large 68 x 80cm poster printed on matt paper;
- a large 70cm square of pink linen fabric;
- nine 14cm linen squares : 4 x off-white, 1 x Sajou blue, 1 x cyclamen, 1 x mole, 2 x lime tree;
- 35 cards of Retors du Nord embroidery thread: 1 x 2001, 2004, 2005, 2018, 2024, 2032, 2034, 2036, 2037, 2041, 2042, 2180, 2190, 2227, 2317, 2340, 2350, 2443, 2469, 2535, 2536, 2615, 2818 and 2876 - 2 x 2023, 2025, 2409 and 2445 - 3 x 2022;
- two 28mm buttons to cover;
- roughly 20cm of two satin ribbons in pink and pale blue;
- nine pieces of organza ribbons in pastel tones.
The embroidery pattern chart sold separately and a selection of smaller kits and charts from the same collection are also available. Discover our collection of Versailles and Marie-Antoinette themed products.
Based on 2 reviews
Nice kit in a pretty box that you can carry everywhere. I'll start working on it after my course. (Translated review)
kit de toute beauté. Can't wait to get started!!! (Translated review)