The carpet here is inspired by the reconstruction of the Emperor’s campaign tent from the Napoleonic wars.
The reconstruction was based on a model conserved at the Mobilier National.
Generally the exterior was made of blue and white striped drill edged with a fringe of red wool. The interior is decorated with an indienne fabric, most probably printed at the Oberkampf Manufactory in Jouy. On the ground, a leopard-print carpet, evoking the saddle-cloths of cavalry officers.
The tent was set up on battlefields and comprised a bedroom in the back with an iron bed with a strap base and in the front, a study with a folding writing desk and chairs. In the reconstruction, you can also see the Emperor’s famous grey redingote.
Size of motif: 168 stitches wide by 170 stitches high.
When embroidered on 12 count (per cm) linen, the finished project measures 28 x 28.3cm.
The kit contains:
- full-colour pattern chart is printed on one 60 x 28cm sheet with all necessary explanations;
- one 50 x 70cm of off white linen fabric;
- 9 cards of Retors du Nord embroidery floss: 2005 x 3, 2009, 2023 x 2, 2028, 2221, 2234;
- 100% cotton fabric 40 x 40cm;
- a Sajou “Créé par moi” label (Made by me).
Presented in a Sajou square box.
The embroidery pattern chart is also sold separately.