This box to embroider with small animals comes from the cross stitch large pattern chart evoking the marvellous history of the famous Bayeux tapestry. It is embroidered in cross-stitch over two threads of fabric using two strands of Laine Saint-Pierre. Easy and amusing, it is perfect for novices.
The kit contains:
- a piece of sand coloured linen fabric,
- a card of Laine Saint-Pierre embroidery floss with the five colours necessary,
- a cardboard disc and a piece of wadding,
- a round tin and a decorative sticker for the edge,
- pattern chart with all explanations for mounting.
Size of the box : height 4cm - Ø 7.3cm.
Presented in a cardboard Sajou box.
Mounting instructions are included in the kit, but you can also find them in Madame Sajou's Diary.
On both the bottom and top of the Bayeux Tapestry are found borders, sometimes interrupted by the central scenes. Domestic and fantastic animals, sketches and various symbols, sometimes these borders give an impression of being in coherence with the main scene, sometimes they represent a little tale or a fable which has nothing to do with it. This project was created by exploring this magnificent iconography.