This large plaid to embroider in cross stitch is made up of 24 of La Fontaine’s Fables with the portrait of the author in majesty.
The first collection of fables was edited in the spring of 1668 under the title Selected Fables. This first edition was made up of two parts, each containing three books. These were the first of many series to follow. Almost 350 years later, La Fontaine’s Fables have lost none of their charm or their topicality.Despite the overwhelming
size of this masterpiece, it is relatively easy to embroider.
It is sewn on 12 count natural linen and all the colours contrast sharply.
There are no fiddly stitches either, just simple cross stitch.
For an experienced stitcher, there are roughly 300 hours of embroidery.Dimensions of motif: 630 points wide by 640 points high.
Dimensions when embroidered on 12 count linen: 105 x 106.7¬cm.
Finished dimensions of project: 119 x 120cm.
Everything is included in the kit, including the fabric and two spools of thread for lining the project. The only thing you will need to buy is the batting, which we recommend to strengthen the plaid.
This kit contains:
- 140 x 140cm of 12 count natural embroidery linen;
- 140 x 140cm of 100% cotton backing fabric, which is for the moment our coordinate N°1 from our Ah Mais c’est Versailles ! fabric collection;
- 50 cards of Retors du Nord embroidery floss n°s 2004 x 2, 2005 x 2, 2009 x 3, 2013 x 4, 2024 x 2, 2033 x 2, 2034 x 2, 2039, 2041 x 2, 2190, 2221 x 2, 2302, 2317 x 3, 2332 x 3, 2350, 2409, 2443 x 4, 2445 x 4, 2570 x 2, 2777, 2876 x 7;
- a Sajou « Créé par moi » (Made by me) label;
- two cotton thread spools: 6733 and 6245;
- a full colour pattern chart and explanations.
To make it easier for you, the colours for each fable are indicated by their side.The fabrics for
this kit and pattern chart are presented in a beautiful square box. The 50 cards of embroidery floss come in a separate box.
La Fontaine’s Fables are also available as individual pattern charts and kits here.