Chenonceau château cross stitch plaid
Warning: Last items in stock!
Plaid to embroider in cross stitch, evoking the Chenonceau Château, derived from the large pattern chart in our Museums and Heritage Collection.
It continues the tradition of plaids to embroider created by Sajou since it began.
The famous silhouette dominates the centre of the plaid and is surrounded by different motifs from the chateau: coats of arms and symbols of the Kings of France and the Medecis, wall coverings from the different rooms, Renaissance-style friezes and allusions to the gardens.
You will find their signification in the explanatory sheets.
Size of finished plaid: 90 x 80cm.
- 70 x 70cm and 40 x 23cm 12 threads per cm slate embroidery linen;
- 35 x 26cm mustard embroidery linen;
- 30 linen squares 14 x 14cm in 9 colours;
- 26 cards of Retors du Nord embroidery floss in 16 colours;
- a Sajou “Créé par moi” label (Made by me);
- pattern charts and mounting explanation sheets.
Presented in a lovely Sajou square box. Backing fabric is not supplied.