Iris box to embroider in cross stitch
Warning: Last items in stock!
"In Greek mythology, Iris was a messenger of the gods, also the personification of the rainbow, creating a link between the heavens and earth.
The flower is named after her due to the vast range of colours of this plant.
It is, however, the violet iris which is cultivated for dyeing purposes.
This flower gives a more dense colour than the violet.
This chart is taken from our spectacular pattern dedicated to Tinctorial Plants in the “Museums and Heritage” collection.
It is embroidered in cross-stitch over two threads of fabric using two strands of Retors du Nord.
Easy and amusing, it is perfect for novices.
The kit contains:
- a piece of cyclamen-coloured linen fabric,
- a card of Retors du Nord embroidery floss with the nine colours necessary,
- a cardboard disc and a piece of wadding,
- a round tin and a decorative sticker,
- a pattern chart with all explanations for mounting.
Size of the box: height 4cm - diameter 7.3cm.
Presented in a cardboard Sajou box.
Mounting instructions are included in the kit, but you can also find them in "Madame Sajou's Diary".