Cross stitch kit Chenonceau Château
Warning: Last items in stock!
The fifth in our Museums and Heritage Collection, it is the Renaissance style of the Chenonceau Château which is recreated in this magnificent embroidery kit.
The textile aspects of the Château are brought to the forefront with the wall hangings from the bedrooms and salons, as well as the women with their period costumes: beadwork for Diane de Poitiers, conch-shaped veil for Catherine de Médicis, a spectacular lace collar for Louise de Lorraine, plain ribbon for Louise Dupin. And many other subjects linked to the history of this exceptional château.
This cross stitch embroidery project is presented in large colour poster form measuring 68 x 80cm. On the back of the pattern chart you will find historical information as well as explanations for the embroidery.
Size of motif: 345 stitches wide by 344 stitches high.
When embroidered on 12 count linen, the finished projects measures 57.5 x 57cm.
This embroidery represents around 215 hours of work.
The kit contains :
- the large 68 x 80cm poster printed on matt paper;
- one large 70cm linen square, colour slate;
- eight 14cm linen squares: 1 x moss, mustard, azalea and Sajou blue, 4 x black;
- 31 colours of Retors du Nord: 2000, 2005, 2009, 2016, 2017, 2022, 2023, 2028, 2032, 2037, 2040, 2086 x 2, 2196, 2221, 2223, 2234, 2263, 2266, 2332, 2340, 2348, 2447, 2449, 2479, 2491, 2549, 2570, 2749, 2838, 2876;
- one cocoon of Caudry thread n°3100;
- four 7cm diametre cardboard discs to mount the ladies portraits.
NB: a slight mistake slipped into the pattern text for the fabrics to use. It says that the fabric for the Green Room should be embroidered on lime tree linen, but it should read moss.
Size of the box: 21 x 21 x 9cm.
Covered with one of our Sajou blue colour papers.
The single embroidery pattern chart is also available here.
A selection of smaller kits and charts from the same collection is also available.