Violet mignonnette Toile de Jouy cross stitch kit
Warning: Last items in stock!
The mauve and green motif of this embroidery was inspired by the “Mignonnette” motifs, printed in days gone by at the Oberkampf Manufactory in Jouy. These fabrics with small repetitive motifs were most often intended for clothing.
This motif comes from the large pattern chart evoking the history of the making of Oberkampf’s Toiles de Jouy.
It is embroidered in cross-stitch over two threads of fabric using two strands of Retors du Nord. Easy and amusing, it is perfect for novices.
The kit contains:
- a round box covered with shagreen style blue paper, metal base and lid,
- a cardboard disc and a piece of wadding for mounting the embroidery,
- a 14cm square of sand-coloured 12 count linen,
- a Retors du Nord embroidery floss card with the three necessary colours: 2409, 2350 and 2023,
- pattern chart with all explanations for mounting.
Size of the box: height 4cm - diameter 7.3cm.
Presented in a cardboard Sajou box.
Mounting instructions are included in the kit, but you can also find them in "Madame Sajou's Diary".
Check out our whole range of haberdashery items in the “Sajou Collection for the Museum of Toile de Jouy”.