Cross stitch Toile de Jouy
Warning: Last items in stock!
With this complete embroidery kit, presented in a nice box, you will be able to embroider the spectacular cross stitch pattern chart conceived by Frédérique Crestin-Billet and inspired by the history of Oberkampf’s Toile de Jouy production in Jouy-en-Josas.
The composition of different elements represent the different stages of printing the fabrics and give an overview of the different productions from the factory.
It is presented in large poster format measuring 68 x 80cm, which makes it easy to follow in spite of the comlexity of the motif. The poster is printed in matt so you can write on it and mark all the references you may need.
On the back of the poster you will find all the explanations for the embroidery and the historical texts. To get as close as possible to a “fabric effect”, you should follow certain instructions.
Size of motif: 345 x 342 points.
This kit contains :
- the large 68 x 80cm poster, printed on matt paper;
- one large 70cm square of off-white linen fabric;
- one 14cm square of mustard linen;
- one 14cm square of off-white linen;
- two 14cm squares of black linen;
- two 14cm squares of sand linen;
- 44 cards of Retors du Nord embroidery floss in 31 colours: 2000, 2003, 2005 x 2, 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012 x 2, 2022 x 2, 2023, 2024, 2025, 2028 x 2, 2029, 2032, 2033 x 5, 2034, 2038 x 2, 2043, 2227, 2302, 2317, 2332, 2340, 2447 x 3, 2469 x 3, 2536,2570, 2615, 2749, 2818, 2876.
Size of the box: 21 x 21 x 9cm.
Covered with one of our Jouy yellow or pink colour papers.
The single embroidery pattern chart is also available here.
We also offer pattern charts and kits derived from the full kit.
Oxana K. published the 16/09/2018 following an order made on 17/08/2018
All the materials are of the top quality and the package is awesome, but the chart looks like it is going to be hard to work with it. It is just color-coded. I think most of the stitchers are used to symbols. But the design is so awesome that I will persevere :)